If you've ever experienced the stress of last-minute passport concerns before a trip, you're not alone. Questions like, "Where is it?" and "Has it expired?" can quickly become travel nightmares. But for UAE citizens, those worries may soon become a thing of the past, thanks to a streamlined passport renewal process.
UAE citizens can now apply for new, renewed, or replacement Emirati passports through five convenient channels:
- The General Departments of Residency and Foreigners Affairs/Citizenship Section.
- The Nationality and Residence portal (eChannels).
- The online passport service for citizens.
- The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP).
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah Airports.
Notably, the passport renewal service at Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports is now available 24 hours a day. So, if you find yourself in a situation where your Emirati passport is lost, damaged, or expired, a stress-free solution awaits you at the airport.
This information comes directly from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs. It's essential to remember that UAE passports are valid for a maximum of five years. When applying for a new passport, you'll need to submit three documents:
- A family book or a copy of it.
- The original ID or a copy of it.
- A recent personal photo.
For further details or inquiries, don't hesitate to reach out to the General Departments of Residency and Foreigners Affairs or contact the call center at 600522222. Worrying about your passport is now a thing of the past for UAE citizens.