Best Traditional Irish Bars in Dubai
When the craving for a perfect pint of the rich dark brew, a hearty fry-up, or lively entertainment strikes, the best Irish bars in Dubai are your go-to destinations. From heavily themed venues to more subtly infused ones, these establishments exude a blend of outstanding drinks, comforting fare, and an atmosphere that beckons you back for more. And if the sound of Irish jigs in the backdrop appeals to you, prepare for an even more delightful experience.
Discover the paramount Irish bars and pubs in Dubai right here. Embark on a journey to explore them all, though selecting a favorite may prove to be quite a challenge – trust us, the competition is fierce...
1. McCafferty, Circle Mall Best Irish Bars in Dubai: McCafferty’s, Circle Mall Nestled within JVC, McCafferty's delivers an authentic taste of Irish pub culture within a mall setting, an unconventional yet perfectly effective combination. Luring patrons with daily live music, generous happy hours, and classic pub dishes, this spot exudes rustic charm reminiscent of an Old Irish Tavern. Antique relics, Gaelic posters, and cozy corners create an ambiance primed for savoring impeccably-poured pints. The bar serves both Irish and international ales, inviting you to relish your drinks indoors or within the inviting pub garden. Location: Circle Mall, JVC, Jumeirah Village, www.mccaffertysjvc.com (055 784 9220).
HIGHLY COMMENDED 2. Fibber Magee’s Best Irish Bar in Dubai: Fibber Magee’s Pouring a pint of the famous "black stuff" might seem straightforward, but at Fibber Magee's, it's elevated to an art form. This Irish pub is uncompromising when it comes to the quality of its beverages. Beyond that, it excels as a breakfast haven, offering an all-day breakfast menu. So, if you're looking to pair your drinks with a hearty spread of bacon, sausage, eggs, black pudding, hash browns, beans, tomatoes, toast, or fried bread, this is the spot to indulge. Location: Saeed Tower One, Sheikh Zayed Rd, www.fibbersdubai.com (04 332 2400).
3. The Irish Village, Garhoud Best Irish Bar in Dubai: The Irish Village, Garhoud The original Irish Village in Garhoud has attained legendary status in Dubai's drinking scene. An iconic establishment, it clinched the title of the best Irish pub in the world at the Irish Pubs Global – a testament to its distinction. Welcoming and warm, the pub boasts an expansive garden alongside its charming interior. The presence of bands touring from Ireland enhances its appeal, making it a preferred venue for music enthusiasts. It's a haven where you can bask in a perfect blend of traditional charm and contemporary vibrancy. Location: Al Garhoud, www.theirishvillage.com (04 282 4750).
SHORTLISTED 4. McCafferty’s Al Furjan Flown directly from Donegal, Ireland, McCafferty’s Al Furjan is a prime contender for the title of Dubai's finest Irish bars. Offering impeccable pours, live sports, and a constant flow of good times, this Jebel Ali establishment captures the essence of Irish conviviality. Traditional Irish music graces the air most evenings, enhancing the atmosphere at this Jebel Ali haunt. With happy hours, ladies' night, brunches, and an exceptional Sunday carvery, it has all the ingredients for an unforgettable experience. Location: Jebel Ali Village, Al Furjan, www.mccaffertysalfurjan.com (04 422 1491).
5. McGettigan’s DWTC Authentic Irish pubs? McGettigan’s is the epitome. Though slightly off the beaten path, the DWTC branch consistently buzzes with activity. Its reputation is bolstered by a diverse menu marrying traditional pub fare with healthier options. Live music from Irish artists, daily happy hours, and an array of screens for live sports create an engaging environment. With offerings like oregano sundried tomato vegan ravioli and oven roast salmon fillet, McGettigan's promises an enriching experience. Location: Convention Tower, DWTC, www.mcgettigans.com/dwtc-dubai.html (04 262 0407).
6. McGettigan’s JBR In 2017, when McGettigan opened on JBR, skeptics questioned the need for a fifth branch of this renowned Irish pub chain. However, it quickly found its place and won over the Marina crowd. Enthusiastic sports fans find ample screens to catch the action. The menu of comforting pub classics and enticing happy hours ensure that everyone has a great time. Quiz night on Thursdays adds an extra dose of enjoyment to this lively spot. Location: The Walk, Hilton JBR, www.mcgettigans.com/hilton-jbr-dubai.html (04 318 2319).
7. McGettigan’s JLT For an Irish pub experience that truly stands out, head to McGettigan’s JLT. As the original and one of the finest Irish pubs in Dubai, this establishment exudes a warm and friendly atmosphere. Live music, enticing drink deals, and an irresistible weekend roast make it a perennial favorite. The pub garden, one of JLT's largest, buzzes with activity during festivities like Paddy's Day or significant games. Location: JLT, Cluster J, www.mcgettigans.com/jlt-dubai.html (04 356 0470).
8. McGettigan’s Madinat Jumeirah For a dose of genuine Irish charm complemented by personal space, McGettigan’s Madinat Jumeirah offers a relaxed drinking experience. Enjoy impeccably-poured pints on the terrace while soaking in views of the iconic Burj Al Arab. The serene souk surroundings invite tranquility, and if you're in the mood for excitement, the Saturday 90s Fun Brunch delivers a three-course meal and free-flowing premium drinks. Location: Souk Madinat Jumeirah, www.mcgettigans.com/souk-madinat-jumeirah-dubai.html (04 447 0219).
9. The Dubliner’s As Dubai welcomes new venues, The Dubliner’s stands strong as an authentic, unaltered haven. This genuine watering hole has preserved its identity over the years, earning the loyalty of locals. A delightful menu featuring top-notch fish and chips and a wide array of Irish hops keeps patrons returning. With billiards and foosball tables, live music, quiz nights, and an impressive happy hour, The Dubliner's remains a steadfast choice. Location: Le Méridien Hotel & Conference Centre, Al Garhoud, www.thedubliners-dubai.com (04 702 2455).
10. The Irish Village, Studio City The Irish Village 2.0 is a modern iteration of the original outpost, catering to Studio City residents and visitors alike. This vibrant destination boasts an expansive selection of hops and a buzzing outdoor terrace. Amidst the array of classic pub fare, you'll find abundant vegan and vegetarian choices. Traditional Irish trad bands provide entertainment throughout the week, and a nod to nostalgia is evident in its version of the iconic IV clock tower. Location: Studio City, www.theirishvillage.com/branches-studiocity.php (04 241 8444).
McCafferty, Fibber, The Irish Village, McCafferty Al Furjan, McGettigan, McGettigan, McGettigan Madinat Jumeirah, The Dubliner